Table of Contents
Pokhara is one of the best locations in Nepal for the great travel places, lakes, great hospitality and excellent real life feeling for any freedom lover.
Pokhara City is a beautiful tourist place in Nepal surrounded by Himalaya. It is one of the most famous places, especially for travelers.
If you have never been to this place, I advise you should visit this place once in a lifetime. You are really going to love the natural beauty, lakes, historical caves, waterfalls and much more over here.
A Quick Information About Pokhara Nepal:
- Country: Nepal
- Province: Province No. 4
- District: Kaski District
- Head Quarter Of – Gandaki Zone, Kaski District
- Province Capital of – Province 4, Nepal
- Total 464.24 km2 (179.24 sq mi)
- Water 4.4 km2 (1.7 sq mi)
- Elevation: 1,400 m (4,600 ft)
- Highest Elevation: 1,740 m (5,710 ft)
- Lowest Elevation: 827 m (2,713 ft)
- Ethnicities: Gurung, Bahun, and Chhetri, Khas Nepali, Magar, Newar,
- Religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Muslim, Christian
- Time Zone: NST (UTC+5:45)
- Postal Code: 33700 (WRPD), 33702, 33704, 33706, 33708, 33713
- Area code(s): 061
Pokhara Location Information:
This tourist place is more popular for holidays rentals, travel and tourist. It is also the largest city in Nepal in terms of area and also the second largest city in terms of population, Kathmandu has the highest number of population.
Pokhara is the capital city of province 4 and the headquarter of both the Gandaki Zone and Kaski District. Pokhara, which is also known as the symbol of tourism in Nepal, is 200 kilometers west of the Kathmandu City of Nepal.
View of the Himalayas From Pokhara
Everything that you will view in Pokhara, all are the gift by nature and this city really is one the most naturally beautiful place on earth.
The Annapurna range, which has 3 of the world’s top 10 highest mountains: Dhaulagiri Himal, Annapurna Himal I and Mount Manaslu lies the maximum of 15 to 35 miles from the Pokhara City.
When you reach the Pokhara Valley, you can easily view all these mountains of Annapurna range. And I am sure you can easily spend your weeks here. And due to all these trekking places being nearer to the Pokhara Valley, it is like the center points for all trekker visiting Annapurna Himalaya range.
Visit Lakes and Gumbas in Pokhara
Also, View: What Is Gumba?
- Tal Barahi Temple (located on the island in the middle of Phewa Lake)
- Bindhyabasini Temple
- Radha Krishna Shanti Ashram Lame Al is the public temple complex was established by late 1008 Golokbasi Bhagawat Sharan Devacharya Maharaj. This is one of the major religious and spiritual center in the region. Temple has been one of the major centers of the Nimbarka Sampradaya. Temple has played the lead role in developing social, spiritual well being in the Lekhnath Municipality. The temple is famous among the Radha Krishna devotees. Daily Bbhagawatsewa, Gosewa, and public feasts are conducted on regular basis. Temple has been the center of Srimad Bhagwat Saptah, Eekah, Rudri, public marriage ceremony, Brata Bandha for the public. Provision of holistic health care will be one of the goals of this institution in near future.
- Sitaladevi Temple
- Gupteswor Mahadev Gufa/Temple
- Mudula Karki Kulayan Mandir
- Sunpadeli Temple(Kaseri)
- Bhadrakali Temple
- Kumari Temple
- Akala Temple
- Kedareshwar Mahadev Mani Temple
- Matepani Gumba
- World peace pagoda
- Akaladevi Temple
- Monastery (Hemja)
- Nepal Christiya Ramghat Church, established in 1952 (2009 BS), in Ramghat area of Pokhara is also the first church in Nepal
Lakes In Pokhara
- Phewa Lake
- Begnas Lake
- Rupa Lake
- Dipang Tal
- Khaste Tal
- Maidi Tal
- Niureni Tal
- Gude Tal
- Kamal Pokhari Tal
- Kashyap Tal (Thuli Pokhari)
Rivers In Pokhara
- Seti Gandaki (Seti Khola)
- Kahun Khola
- Bijaypur Khola
- Furse Khola
- Kali Khola
- Yamdi Khola
- Mardi Khola
Pokhara Photo Collection