When people think of European gateway, they tend to name off places like London, Paris, and Rome. Apart from these cities, there are several cities and best places to visit in Northern Europe.
Dublin is the capital of and largest city of Ireland. It is on the east coast of Ireland, in the province of Leinster, at the mouth of the River Liffey, and is bordered on the south by the low mountains.
If you are planning to travel to Dublin, there will be countless things for you to do and see while you’re there.
Here are compiled of top 8 things to do in Dublin
- Visit the Guinness Storehouse factory
- Take a tour of Old Jameson Distillery
- Take a walk over Ha’ Penny Bridge
- Visit Christ Church Cathedral
- Visit Trinity College Library, the largest library of Ireland
- Take a food tour at Little Venice restaurant
- Take a trip to the Cliffs of Moher
- Visit the Dublin Zoo
Where to stay in Dublin?
- Maple Hotel Dublin
- Dublin Central Inn
- Abigalis Hotel
- River House Hotel
- Temple Bar Inn
Reykjavik City Tours
Reykjavik is the capital city of Iceland. The city lies in southwestern Iceland, on the southern shore of Faxa Bay.
Reykjavik is the is culturally richer, one of the most happening cities, full of natural wonders that people dream of seeing their whole lives. It’s one of the best places to visit in Northern Europe you should not miss to explore.
Best 7 Things to do in Reykjavik
- Visit the National Museum of Iceland
- Visit the popular concert hall and conference center Harpa
- Explore Reykjavik Maritime Museum
- Explore the dynamic street art
- Spend some hours at Nautholsvik Geothermal Beach
- Taste the coffee of Cafe Babalu
- Spend your evening at Grotta Island Lighthouse
Accommodations in Reykjavik
- ION City Hotel
- Castle House Luxury Apartments
- Reykjavik Residence Apartment Hotel
- Black Pearl Apartment Hotel
- Center Hotel Arnarhvoll
Riga City Tour
The capital city of Latvia, Riga is popular for its old town and city centers. The old town of Riga is UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Riga is also famous for its nightlife and discount airlines that offer cheaper flights from much of the European cities.
Top 9 things you will find interesting to do in Riga
- Notice the Architecture of Riga
- Visit House of the BlackHeads
- Relax in the Park
- Visit the Art Nouveau district
- Shop at Central Market
- Visit the Freedom Monument
- Visit St. Peter’s Church
- Explore the Riga Motor Museum
- Visit Riga Plaza
Accommodations in Riga
- Neiburgs Hotel
- Grand Palace Hotel – The Leading Hotels of the World
- Hotel Bergs
- Redstone Boutique Hotel
- Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel, Riga
London is one of the most visited cities in Europe. It attracts more than 28 millions people every year
The city is one one of the most diverse cities in the world, with a rich history and some of the remarkable culture of the world.
The city divided into the distinctive areas of North, West, South and East London.
There is always some new things to see and do in London.
The city comprised the world’s best art, entertainment, shopping, dining, and history. It is impossible to get bored in London.
Fine 10 things to do in London
- See a world-class exhibition at the V& A
- See free art at Tate Modern
- Spend a Sunday at Columbia Road Flower Market
- Spend some time at the Natural History Museum
- Explore the city from The Shard
- Watch Romeo and Juliet at the Victoria Palace Theatre
- Step inside the palace of Westminster
- Go for dinners at Hoppers
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
- See Tower Bridge lift up
Where to stay in London?
- Motel One London-Tower Hill
- Sea Containers London
- Central Park Hotel
- The Ned
- Ham Yard Hotel, Firmdale Hotels
- The Fox & Goose Hotel
Visit Cardiff City in Wales
Cardiff is the capital and the largest city of Wales. It is the eleventh largest city in the United Kingdom.
This city has a bevy of museums, attractions, parks, music venues, restaurants, cafes and bars to explore.
8 of the Major attractions of Cardiff City
- Spend some hours at Bute Park
- Visit Cardiff Castle
- Explore the National Museum of Cardiff
- Visit one of the world’s finest civic centers, CITY HALL
- Enjoy views across the city, bay and Bristol Channel from Barrage
- Join the Circus at Cardiff
- Move with your children to Cardiff International White Water center
- Visit Cardiff Central Market
Accommodations in Cardiff
- Hotel Indigo – Cardiff
- Lincoln House Private Hotel
- Hilton Cardiff
- Park Inn
- Glendale Hotel
Edinburgh: “A great place to visit”
Edinburgh is one of the best places to visit in northern Europe. There are several things to do in Edinburgh.
Interesting 9 Thing To Do In Edinburgh
- Wash your face in the dew of Arthur’s Seat
- Eat dinner at Restaurant Martin Wishart
- Enjoy the view from Edinburgh Castle
- Go on a shopping spree on Victoria Street
- Boggle your mind at Camera Obscura
- Take a stroll through the Meadows
- Go for afternoon tea at Colonnades
- Experience a gig at the Queen’s Hall
- Sleep in the lap of luxury at the Balmoral
- The Balmoral Hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh
- The Torfin
- The White Lady
- The Inn Place
- Twins Lions Hotel
Stavanger is a place you shouldn’t miss to Explore
Stavanger is a gorgeous town on the western coast of Norway. The city is comprised of countless natural attractions popular hikes including Preikestolen and Kjerag, as well as its beautiful old town and interesting museums.
What you should not miss exploring in Stavanger?
- Visit the Norwegian Petroleum Museum
- Explore Stavanger Cathedral
- LEARN ABOUT SARDINES AT THE NORWEGIAN CANNING MUSEUM
- Wander Stavenger Town Centre
- While away time Bustling Harbour
- Hike to Preikestolen
- Climb the 4444 steps of Florli
- Hike to Kjerag
- The Jaren Beaches
Budget Hotels To Stay In Stavanger
- Quality Airport Hotel Stavanger
- Clarion Hotel
- Forus Leilighetshotel
- Wathne Camping
You can book flight tickets with a budget-friendly travel agency to and enjoy a fair discount, travel discounts and added an airport taxi service to your chosen hotel’s doorsteps. Select from a variety of airways as per your trip plan, as you can even customize your transits.
6 Cheaper Airlines that take you to the Northen Europe
- Etihad Airways: https://www.etihad.com/en-us/
- GoAir: https://www.goair.in/
- Wizz Air: https://wizzair.com/en-gb/flights/
- Onur Air: https://www.onurair.com/en/
- easyJet: https://www.easyjet.com/us
- Norwegian Air: http://www.norwegian.com/
Northern Europe in Map
There are many more probably 100s of the best places to visit in Northern Europe like Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Bergen, Galway and much more. Just stay connected with us to read more about places to explore in Europen cities which might be useful for you when visiting.
Don’t forget to leave your comment if you think there’s anything more to us or if I missed something to address!